Thursday, February 24, 2011

Behind the name...

I was asked about the meaning of my blog…I am a simple guy, I enjoy food and Jesus and it seems for I can accomplish both at the same time.  Dinner time at my home is important to my wife and I as our family comes together and we can discuss our day...and eat.  It’s an opportunity for my children see my wife and I model Jesus for them.  I am a bit old school and love to visit people but life seems busy for everyone and it tends to be easier to meet people for lunch...we can eat and talk about Jesus.  As an associate minister at West Orange Christian, I have been given the freedom to design events…and I always have the people together and it always involves food.  Jesus seemed to recline at the table quite bit and teach people.  He sat and at with sinners…something my good friend Arron Chambers talks about in his book “Eats With Sinners” (you can check it out here http://www.eatswithsinners.com/).  A lot can be accomplished when you minister to those that are lost, especially around the table.  We remember Jesus and what He did for us every week as we take the emblems from the table.  When I disciple someone, it usually involves food…in two ways.  I am a simple guy.  I love to cook.  I love to cook for my family and friends…for church functions.  And I love Jesus and what He has done for me.  I am His and He is mine.  He is my Savior and I am His servant.  I am a simple guy…I am not deep.   I enjoy food and Jesus…and chicken wings rhymed with Jesus things…there ya go.  Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment