Thursday, March 3, 2011

Father

 
So I have to confess…I love being a daddy.  As of this writing I am waiting for my new daughter to arrive which will be any day (She is technically due in 3 weeks).  I have son, Evan, who is 8 and is ready to take on the world.  He has a heart of compassion.  My daughter Amber, who is 4, and who believes that she is a princess…and she is...she loves to sing.  I love getting up early and cuddling with them and talking to them.  Evan always tells me that, “God gave me a special daddy.”  Amber is never short of “Daddy kisses and hugs.”  I love being a daddy.  Unfortunately their daddy isn’t perfect.  I have so much room for improvement…I am constantly striving to be a better.  I always seem to have to ask my children for forgiveness.  I mess up.  He is what blows me away.  Evan not too long ago said, “Dad, I forgive you…I know that you aren’t perfect…only God is…and you always seem to love me even more when I mess up.”  I didn’t know how to respond to that.  I have to confess that I am embarrassed of what I have put on that the cross.  I feel like David who confesses to God, “I know my sin” (Psalm 51).  What blows me away is that there is a God, despite all of my failures and horrific choices that has a heart for me.  I don’t deserve love.  But I have a Father in heaven that won’t stop loving me.  What a Father!  Paul tells us that, “For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:38-39).  I am thankful for my Father in heaven.  When was the last time you, as a child of God, just told Him how much you loved Him?  If you are reading this and your relationship with your earthly father isn’t/wasn’t very good…in fact it didn’t exist…well I am sorry.  I feel for you because everyone should have that opportunity to have a relationship with their daddy.  But this is reality and reality is painful.  However, there is a Father that doesn’t fail and longs to have a relationship with you.  Believe it or not, He created you and has a plan for you existence.  “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb” (Psalms 139:13). “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11).  I have ranted long enough…I love being a daddy but I love my Father in heaven more.  He is the reason I am daddy, He is the reason for all the good in my life.  For all of the Christians reading this…give praise to your Father.  Adore Him!  Speak of His wonders and His love.  For those desiring to know their Father in Heaven, won’t you, “Taste and see that the LORD is good…” (Psalms 34:8a).  Have a blessed day!    

No comments:

Post a Comment